Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Daily Motivation 3-6-2013

Wednesday, March 6, 2012
Today's Gift

I can change only myself, but sometimes that is enough. --Ruth Humlecker

Happiness is more fleeting for some of us than for others. We may ponder this notion but fail to grasp the reason. However, careful attention to how "the happy ones" go through life will enlighten us. We will note how seldom they complain about others' actions. We will discover their willingness to accept others as they are. We will see that their attention is generally on the positive aspects of people and circumstances rather than on the negative.

We can join the parade of "happy ones" by letting go of our need to change people and situations that disturb us. Even when we are certain other people are wrong, we can let go of controlling them. Doing this means changing ourselves, of course. But this is the one thing in life we do have control over.

I will change myself if I think something needs changing today!

From the book A Woman's Spirit by Karen Casey

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.---William Allen White

Big changes are happening to us, but we can trust that changes will bring good things. After all, what have we got to lose? We have lived through the days and years of our addiction. Now, with the help of our Higher Power, the pain of those days has ended. We have no reason to worry.
Yet, recovery won't make our lives perfect. Hard things still happened. But we never have to lose hope again. We never have to feel alone with our problems. What will come next? We don't know the details, but we can be sure the future will be good if we stay on our path of recovery.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, I know life holds many new things for me. Help me and protect me as I live in Your care today.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll trust that each day of my life will bring me good. I will share this idea with one friend.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Living in the Now
First, we try living in the now just in order to stay clean and sober -- and it works.
Once the idea has become a part of out thinking,
we find that living life in 24-hour segments is an effective and satisfying way
to handle many other matters as well.
- As Bill Sees It, p. 169

Thought to Ponder . . .
If I don't drink or use today, I have the hope of a tomorrow.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S I T =
Stay In Today.

***********************
Daily Motivation

Perfect choice

A perfect decision is a decision that never gets made. Instead of seeking to make the perfect choice, make a choice based on your best information and instincts, and get on with it.

Every choice involves some compromise. Every choice will have its positive aspects and its negative aspects.

The best way forward is not to hold out for the absolute perfect choice, free of any downsides. The best way forward is to go ahead, make a choice, and deal with whatever problems come along.

The choice itself doesn’t do the work for you. It is merely the starting point from which you begin to put in the effort and commitment.

So whatever the choice may be, you have the ability to successfully work with it. Whatever problems may come along, you have the ability to transform into opportunities.

Go ahead, make a good choice, and then get busy making it work. Though it may not be the perfect choice, it gives you the opportunity to make of it whatever you choose.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment